Certificate II in Tourism Qualification
6 - 12 months flexible study.
Not only are our courses the highest quality, with world class trainers, but we also offer some of the most affordable choices in Australia.
If that's not enough, you can contact us and we'll see if we can help make the course more affordable e.g. Payment plans.
For more details and a full price breakdown of this course download our Course Programs Brochure!
Have any questions about this course? Get in touch here
Flexible Learning to Suit Your Lifestyle
The Certificate II in Tourism can be delivered online or via classroom sessions at our Varsity Lakes, Gold Coast campus.
This qualification consists of 11 units to complete
• SITXCCS003 Interact with customers (core)
• SITXFIN001 Process financial transactions (elective)
• SIRXSLS001 Sell to the retail customer (elective)
• SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity (core)
BUSINESS AND FINANCE
• BSBITU211 Produce digital text documents (elective)
• BSBITU314 Design and produce spreadsheets (elective)
• BSBWOR204 Use business technology (elective)
• SITTIND001 Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry (core)
• SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices (core)
• BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace (elective)
• BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others (elective
Start Your Learning at Your Convenience
A rolling intake allowing you to start the course whenever suits you. Study with flexible learning options and ongoing support.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
How to Enrol – a quick guide
- Fill out the relevant application form on the enrolment page (you can download a PDF form if you have an older browser or a slow internet connection).
- Submit the online form or send your completed PDF application form to [email protected]
- We will review your application form, if you are accepted, you will receive a "Letter of Offer" via email
- Sign and return via email the written acceptance offer to Barrington College Admissions Officer together with payment, for the amount specified in the "Letter of Offer". Call us on +617 55625700, if you require any assistance.
The following information will be provided to students at the beginning of each course
- A course outline indicating units of work, units of competency, assessment requirements, materials and equipment required
- A student handbook
- RPL process and complaints and appeals processes will be discussed
- Vocational outcomes and opportunities will be discussed/credit transfers will be outlined
- Work placement application form if required
Prior to enrolment, prospective students will receive a letter of offer which contains information on fees and charges, code of practice and refund policy. The course guide and student handbook are also available on our website. This contains information on entry requirements, the induction and orientation procedure, payment options and unit details. In order to apply for enrolment students must return the signed letter of offer, this process ensures enrolment. Course content and assessment procedures are explained and vocational outcomes are outlined in the course handbook and covered during the students orientation procedure in the first session.
This nationally recognised qualification is valued by industry. This course, provides a solid foundation for those seeking a career within the industry.
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process of formal recognition for skills and knowledge gained through previous learning such as:
- Life experiences
- Previous formal learning
- Recreational or personal interests
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for part or all of your intended study, based on your previous experiences and learning. For more information regarding RPL and how to apply, please discuss this with your educator.
You may be eligible for a credit transfer if you have previously undertaken training through a Registered Training Organisation. Credit transfer may be granted for one or more units or a full certificate level.
Three major factors need to be considered:
- How current the qualification is
- Mapping to the current training and
- If the training was undertaken with a Registered Training Organisation.
If you think you may be eligible for a credit transfer you will need to provide the following:
- The original Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate for your educators to sight
- A copy of the Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate
- Or a certified copy of your qualification signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP)
Certificate II in Hospitality SIT20322
Certificate III in Hospitality SIT30622
Certificate II in Cookery SIT20421
Start your journey here!
Contact us today for an easy-going chat with an industry education specialist, who can help you get on the right track for you. It might prove to be the best decision you've ever made!