Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot - Visual Line of Sight)
36 weeks of full time study (20 hours per week)
Not only are our courses the highest quality, with world class trainers, but we also offer some of the most affordable choices in Australia.
For more details and a full price breakdown of this course download our International Course Brochure!
Have any questions about this course?
Full-Time Course (20 hours per week)
The Certificate III in Aviation is a full-time course with 20 hours per week of classroom delivery offered at our Barrington College Australia Campus located in Varsity Lakes, Gold Coast.
It is anticipated that the theoretical knowledge components will require up to six months to complete. Students must be deemed satisfactory in theoretical knowledge components before they can nominate their required practical block from a published practical training calendar.
For CASA accreditation as RePL and AROC, students must undertake additional CASA accredited testing after successful completion of the AVI30316 Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot – Visual Line of Sight). Students must have evidence of a minimum of 5 hours actual flight time before they can apply for the RePL.
There is an additional cost for this testing unrelated to the course price.
|AVIE0001||Operate aeronautical radio|
|AVIF0013||Manage human factors in remote pilot aircraft systems operations|
|AVIF0023||Apply regulations and policies during remote pilot aircraft systems operations|
|AVIH3019||Navigate remote pilot aircraft systems|
|AVIK3002||Use info technology devices in an aviation workplace|
|AVIW3037||Manage remote pilot aircraft systems pre- and post-flight actions|
|AVIW3038||Operate and manage remote pilot aircraft systems|
|AVIY3073||Control remote pilot aircraft systems on the ground|
|AVIY3074||Launch remote pilot aircraft systems|
|AVIY3075||Control remote pilot aircraft systems in normal flight|
|AVIY3076||Recover remote pilot aircraft systems|
|AVIY3077||Manage remote pilot aircraft systems in abnormal flight situations|
|AVIY3078||Manage remote pilot aircraft systems energy source requirements|
|AVIZ3052||Apply situational awareness in remote pilot aircraft systems operations|
Fast track your career
Barrington College Australia offers monthly intakes allowing you to start your learning at your convenience.
|Enrolment Dates: 2019|
|28th January 2019||4th February 2019||4th March 2019|
|1st April 2019||6th May 2019||3rd June 2019|
|15th July 2019||5th August 2019||2nd September 2019|
|7th October 2019||4th November 2019||2nd December 2019|
Queensland term dates - 2019
|Term 1||Monday 28 January - Friday 5 April|
|Term 2||Monday 22 April - Friday 28 June|
|Term 3||Monday 15 July - Friday 20 September|
|Term 4||Monday 7 October - Friday 13 December|
Queensland term dates - 2020
|Term 1||Monday 27 January - Friday 3 April|
|Term 2||Monday 20 April - Friday 26 June|
|Term 3||Monday 13 July - Friday 18 September|
|Term 4||Monday 5 October - Friday 11 December|
- Overseas students are required to demonstrate English proficiency at an IELTS band score 5.5 or above or Upper Intermediate ELICOS Course Certificate from Australia or similar
- Students must be over 18 years old
- Satisfactorily completed year 12 or equivalent or gained substantial vocational work experience
- Operational flight screw are to satisfy General and Aviation English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirements as directed by aviation regulatory authorities
- Candidates should check with the CASA or Defense aviation for specific requirements
How to Enrol – a quick guide
- Fill out and submit the Application form for International students (click here for application form).
- We will review your application form, if you are accepted, you will receive a Letter of Offer & "Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement" via email.
- Sign and return via email the Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement to Barrington College Australia Admissions Officer together with payment, for the amount specified in the "Letter of Offer" and any other requested documentation. Call us on +617 55625700, if you require any assistance.
- Following the receipt of these documents, you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment Form (CoE) which will allow you to obtain/renew an Australian Student Visa.
Prior to enrolment, prospective students will receive a Letter of Offer which contains information on fees and charges, code of practice and refund policy. The course guide and student handbook are also available on our website. This contains information on entry requirements, the induction and orientation procedure, payment options and unit details. Course content and assessment procedures are explained and vocational outcomes are outlined in the course handbook and covered during the students orientation procedure in the first session.
This nationally recognised qualification is valued by industry. This course, provides a solid foundation for those seeking a career within the industry.
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process of formal recognition for skills and knowledge gained through previous learning such as:
- Life experiences
- Previous formal learning
- Recreational or personal interests
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for part or all of your intended study, based on your previous experiences and learning. For more information regarding RPL and how to apply, please discuss this with your educator.
You may be eligible for a credit transfer if you have previously undertaken training through a Registered Training Organisation. Credit transfer may be granted for one or more units or a full certificate level.
Three major factors need to be considered:
- How current the qualification is
- Mapping to the current training and
- If the training was undertaken with a Registered Training Organisation.
If you think you may be eligible for a credit transfer you will need to provide the following:
- The original Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate for your educators to sight
- A copy of the Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate
- Or a certified copy of your qualification signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP)