SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery Qualification
76 weeks of Full-time study (20 hrs per week)
Not only are our courses the highest quality, with world class trainers, but we also offer some of the most affordable choices in Australia.
For more details and a full price breakdown of this course download our International Course Brochure!
Have any questions about this course? Get in touch here
Full-time (20 hrs per week)
The SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery is a full-time course with 20 hours per week of classroom delivery offered at our Barrington College Australia campus located in Varsity Lakes, Gold Coast.
Upon enrolment, you will receive a timetable outlining class times, meal breaks, training room allocations, name of your educator, course units and any practical placement information (if applicable).
• SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety (core)
• SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices (core)
• SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices (core)
• SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks (elective)
• BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace (core)
• SITHCCC020 Work effectively as a cook (core)
• SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment (core)
• SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery (core)
• SITHCCC006 Prepare appetisers and salads (core)
• SITHCCC007 Prepare stocks, sauces and soups (core)
• SITHCCC008 Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes (core)
• SITHCCC012 Prepare poultry dishes (core)
• SITHCCC013 Prepare seafood dishes (core)
• SITHCCC014 Prepare meat dishes (core)
• SITHCCC018 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements (core)
• SITHCCC019 Produce cakes, pastries and breads (core)
• SITHPAT006 Produce desserts (core)
• SITHKOP002 Plan and cost basic menus (core)
• SITHKOP004 Develop menus for special dietary requirements (core)
• SITHKOP005 Coordinate cooking operations (core)
• SITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable items (core)
• BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices (core)
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• SITXCOM005 Manage conflict (core)
• SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget (core)
• SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills (core)
• SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people (core)
• SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations (core)
• SITXHRM002 Roster staff (elective)
• SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers (elective)
• SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences (elective)
• BSBITU212 Create and use spreadsheets (elective)
• SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry (elective)
• HLTAID003 Provide first aid (elective)
Barrington College Australia has established direct pathways into some of Australia's leading Universities enabling students entry into selected bachelor degrees with credit transfers, up to 12 months off their course saving time and money!
View University courses and credits available here.
|27 January||25 January|
|02 March||01 March|
|20 April||19 April|
|25 May||24 May|
|13 July||12 July|
|17 August||16 August|
|05 October||04 October|
|09 November||08 November|
Queensland term dates - 2020
|Term 1||27 January - 03 April|
|Term 2||20 April - 26 June|
|Term 3||13 July - 18 September|
|Term 4||05 October - 11 December|
Queensland term dates - 2021
|Term 1||25 Jan - 02 Apr|
|Term 2||19 Apr - 25 Jun|
|Term 3||12 Jul - 17 Sep|
|Term 4||04 Oct - 10 Dec|
- Overseas students are required to demonstrate English proficiency at an IELTS band score 5.5 or above or Upper Intermediate ELICOS Course Certificate from Australia or similar
- Students must be over 18 years old
- Satisfactorily completed year 12 or equivalent or gained substantial vocational work experience
How to Enrol – a quick guide
- Fill out and submit the Application form for International students (click here for application form).
- We will review your application form, if you are accepted, you will receive a Letter of Offer & "Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement" via email.
- Sign and return via email the Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement to Barrington College Australia Admissions Officer together with payment, for the amount specified in the "Letter of Offer" and any other requested documentation. Call us on +617 55625700, if you require any assistance.
- Following the receipt of these documents, you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment Form (CoE) which will allow you to obtain/renew an Australian Student Visa.
Prior to enrolment, prospective students will receive a Letter of Offer which contains information on fees and charges, code of practice and refund policy. The course guide and student handbook are also available on our website. This contains information on entry requirements, the induction and orientation procedure, payment options and unit details. Course content and assessment procedures are explained and vocational outcomes are outlined in the course handbook and covered during the students orientation procedure in the first session.
This nationally recognised qualification is valued by industry. This course, provides a solid foundation for those seeking a career within the industry.
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process of formal recognition for skills and knowledge gained through previous learning such as:
- Life experiences
- Previous formal learning
- Recreational or personal interests
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for part or all of your intended study, based on your previous experiences and learning. For more information regarding RPL and how to apply, please discuss this with your educator.
You may be eligible for a credit transfer if you have previously undertaken training through a Registered Training Organisation. Credit transfer may be granted for one or more units or a full certificate level.
Three major factors need to be considered:
- How current the qualification is
- Mapping to the current training and
- If the training was undertaken with a Registered Training Organisation.
If you think you may be eligible for a credit transfer you will need to provide the following:
- The original Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate for your educators to sight
- A copy of the Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate
- Or a certified copy of your qualification signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP)