Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery and Diploma of Hospitality Management Dual Qualification
DURATION: 102 weeks of Full-time study (20 hrs per week)
COST: Not only are our courses of the highest quality, with world-class trainers, but we also offer some of the most affordable choices in Australia.
If that's not enough, our culinary students gain their practical skills at our modern on-campus commercial kitchen and internship opportunities (unpaid) with our partner Restaurants, Clubs, Hotels and Event centres.
For more details and a full price breakdown of this course download our Course Programs Brochure!
Full-time (20 hrs per week)
The SIIT40516 & SIT50416 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery and Diploma of Hospitality Management ( Sous Chef) is a full-time course with 20 hours per week of classroom delivery offered at our Barrington College Australia campus located in Southport, Gold Coast.
Upon enrolment, you will receive a timetable outlining class times, meal breaks, training room allocations, name of your educator, course units and any practical placement information (if applicable).
This qualification consists of 40 units to complete.
• SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety (core)
• SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices (core)
• SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks (elective)
• SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices (core)
• BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace (core)
• SITHCCC020 Work effectively as a cook (core)
• SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment (core)
• SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery (core)
• SITHCCC006 Prepare appetisers and salads (core)
• SITHCCC007 Prepare stocks, sauces and soups (core)
• SITHCCC008 Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes (core)
• SITHCCC016 Produce pates and terrines (elective)
• SITHCCC012 Prepare poultry dishes (core)
• SITHCCC013 Prepare seafood dishes (core)
• SITHCCC014 Prepare meat dishes (core)
• SITHCCC018 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements (core)
• SITHCCC019 Produce cakes, pastries and breads (core)
• SITHPAT006 Produce desserts (core)
• SITHKOP002 Plan and cost basic menus (core)
• SITHKOP004 Develop menus for special dietary requirements (core)
• SITHKOP005 Coordinate cooking operations (core)
• SITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable items (core)
• BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices (core)
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• SITXCOM005 Manage conflict (core)
• SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget (core)
• SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills (core)
• SITXHRM002 Roster staff (elective)
• SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people (core)
• SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations (core)
• SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences (elective)
• SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices (core)
• SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol (elective)
• SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage (elective)
• HLTAID003 Provide first aid (elective)
• BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan (core)
• SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements (core)
• SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships (core)
• SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets (core)
• BSBITU314 Design and produce spreadsheets (elective)
• SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry (elective)
Barrington College Australia has established direct pathways into some of Australia's leading Universities enabling students entry into selected bachelor degrees with credit transfers, up to 12 months off their course saving time and money!
View University courses and credits available here.
Start Your Learning at Your Convenience
A rolling intake allows you to start the course whenever suits you. Study with flexible learning options and ongoing support.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
How to Enrol – a quick guide
- Fill out the Application form for International students (click here for application form).
- Submit the online form or send your completed PDF application form to [email protected].
- We will review your application form, if you are accepted, you will receive a Letter of Offer & "Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement" via email.
- Sign and return via email the Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement to Barrington College Australia Admissions Officer together with payment, for the amount specified in the "Letter of Offer" and any other requested documentation. Call us on +617 55625700, if you require any assistance.
- Following the receipt of these documents, you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment Form (CoE) which will allow you to obtain/renew an Australian Student Visa.
Prior to enrolment, prospective students will receive a Letter of Offer which contains information on fees and charges, code of practice and refund policy. The course guide and student handbook are also available on our website. This contains information on entry requirements, the induction and orientation procedure, payment options and unit details. Course content and assessment procedures are explained and vocational outcomes are outlined in the course handbook and covered during the students orientation procedure in the first session.
The Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery and Diploma of Hospitality Management (Sous Chef)
provides you with
the skills and knowledge to work globally
This qualification is an advanced level course, providing you with not only amazing cookery skills but also involves leading and coaching individuals or teams in a fully functional commercial kitchen.
Completion of this course will prepare students to work as a qualified chef and take up middle management roles in the hospitality sector.
This nationally recognised qualification is valued by industry. This course, provides a solid foundation for those seeking a career within the industry.
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process of formal recognition for skills and knowledge gained through previous learning such as:
- Life experiences
- Previous formal learning
- Recreational or personal interests
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for part or all of your intended study, based on your previous experiences and learning. For more information regarding RPL and how to apply, please discuss this with your educator.
You may be eligible for a credit transfer if you have previously undertaken training through a Registered Training Organisation. Credit transfer may be granted for one or more units or a full certificate level.
Three major factors need to be considered:
- How current the qualification is
- Mapping to the current training and
- If the training was undertaken with a Registered Training Organisation.
If you think you may be eligible for a credit transfer you will need to provide the following:
- The original Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate for your educators to sight
- A copy of the Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate
- Or a certified copy of your qualification signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP)
Diploma of Leadership & Management BSB50420
Dual Diploma of Hospitality & Event Management SIT50316 & SIT50416
Diploma of Event Management SIT50316
“I thoroughly enjoyed my study experience with Barrington College - they have great trainers with years of industry experience and its such a friendly campus. I completed my industry placement at the luxurious Palazzo Versace Gold Coast, which was a great experience and has helped to advance my career as a chef. My next career step is with the Star Sydney.
I Highly recommend Barrington College and the Gold Coast to international students who are seeking a uniquely Australian study and lifestyle experience.”
- CH Bujin -
Mongolia, Commercial Cookery Student
ONLY CHOOSE THE BEST
Barrington College Australia is held in high regard by our current and previous students and businesses and the community that we work closely with.
From providing the highest quality education to our world-class facilities and training materials we help our students excel.
Our facilities have been purpose-built to provide our students with a relaxed environment to learn and focus on their training. With state of the art kitchens and some of Australia's best trainers to pass on their skills and experience in cooking.
Our Industry Placement Partnerships are with some of the leading names on the Gold Coast, and around the country. They have been chosen to provide the best professional and personal growth opportunities with the ability to focus on specialist skills.
Do you think you've got what it takes to be a Chef? Or do you want to learn a bit more about how Barrington College Australia can help you achieve your dreams?
Book a personalised campus tour and study consultation with one of our student recruitment representatives and learn how we can help you follow your passion and achieve your career goals.
Enter your details below to connect with a Course Advisor at Barrington College.