Diploma of Hospitality Management Qualification
DURATION: 12 - 24 months flexible study.
COST: Not only are our courses the highest quality, with world-class trainers, but we also offer some of the most affordable choices in Australia.
If that's not enough, you can contact us and we'll see if we can help make the course more affordable e.g. Payment plans.
For more details and a full price breakdown of this course download our Course Programs Brochure!
Flexible Learning to Suit Your Lifestyle
The Diploma of Hospitality Management can be delivered online or via classroom sessions at our Southport, Gold Coast campus.
This qualification consists of 28 units to complete
• SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety (elective)
• SITHFAB001 Clean and tidy bar areas (elective)
• SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol (elective)
• SITHFAB003 Operate a bar (elective)
• BSBHRM525 Manage recruitment and onboarding (elective)
• SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers (elective)
• SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences (core)
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
• SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee (elective)
• SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage (elective)
• SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices (elective)
• SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices (core)
• SITHIND001 Use hygienic practice for hospitality service (elective)
• SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service (elective)
• SITHACS001 Clean premises and equipment (elective)
• SITHACS002 Provide housekeeping services to guest (elective)
• SITHACS003 Prepare rooms for guests (elective)
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace (core)
• SITXCOM005 Manage conflict (core)
• SITXHRM002 Roster staff (core)
• SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people (core)
• SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations (core)
• SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices (core)
• SITXHRM006 Monitor staff performance (elective)
• BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan (core)
• SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements (core)
• SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships (core)
• SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget (core)
• SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets (core)
Barrington College Australia has established direct pathways into some of Australia's leading Universities enabling students entry into selected bachelor degrees with credit transfers, up to 12 months off their course saving time and money!
View University courses and credits available here.
Start Your Learning at Your Convenience
A rolling intake allowing you to start the course whenever suits you. Study with flexible learning options and ongoing support.
There is no entry requirement for domestic students.
For international students who wishes to enrol for this course, please visit this link for entry requirements
How to Enrol – a quick guide
- Fill out the relevant application form on the enrolment page (you can download a PDF form if you have an older browser or a slow internet connection).
- Submit the online form or send your completed PDF application form to [email protected]
- We will review your application form, if you are accepted, you will receive a "Letter of Offer" via email
- Sign and return via email the written acceptance offer to Barrington College Admissions Officer together with payment, for the amount specified in the "Letter of Offer". Call us on +617 55625700, if you require any assistance.
The following information will be provided to students at the beginning of each course
- A course outline indicating units of work, units of competency, assessment requirements, materials and equipment required
- A student handbook
- RPL process and complaints and appeals processes will be discussed
- Vocational outcomes and opportunities will be discussed/credit transfers will be outlined
- Work placement application form if required
Prior to enrolment, prospective students will receive a letter of offer which contains information on fees and charges, code of practice and refund policy. The course guide and student handbook are also available on our website. This contains information on entry requirements, the induction and orientation procedure, payment options and unit details. In order to apply for enrolment students must return the signed letter of offer, this process ensures enrolment. Course content and assessment procedures are explained and vocational outcomes are outlined in the course handbook and covered during the students orientation procedure in the first session.
The Diploma of Hospitality Management
provides you with a strong foundation to
Gain employment, up-skill for
a promotion, or start your own business
The tourism and hospitality industry is dynamic and exciting. The industry is Australia’s second largest export earner and consistently generates revenues of around $US3.5 trillion globally. Hospitality and tourism represents the world’s largest industry and employs over 1 million people in Australia (1 in 9) and 230 million worldwide. The career opportunities are global and endless and so the demand for highly qualified professionals will continue to increase because of the industry’s extraordinary growth.
Hospitality is the business of helping people to feel welcome and relaxed, and to enjoy themselves. Hospitality is all about customer service and providing the best customer experience possible. The hospitality industry spans many areas of employment across a range of sectors, including: cafes and restaurants, hotels and motels, resorts and casinos, pubs and clubs, and many other types of service venues.
This nationally recognised qualification is valued by industry. This course, provides a solid foundation for those seeking a career within the industry.
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process of formal recognition for skills and knowledge gained through previous learning such as:
- Life experiences
- Previous formal learning
- Recreational or personal interests
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for part or all of your intended study, based on your previous experiences and learning. For more information regarding RPL and how to apply, please discuss this with your educator.
You may be eligible for a credit transfer if you have previously undertaken training through a Registered Training Organisation. Credit transfer may be granted for one or more units or a full certificate level.
Three major factors need to be considered:
- How current the qualification is
- Mapping to the current training and
- If the training was undertaken with a Registered Training Organisation.
If you think you may be eligible for a credit transfer you will need to provide the following:
- The original Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate for your educators to sight
- A copy of the Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate
- Or a certified copy of your qualification signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP)
“I thoroughly enjoyed my study experience with Barrington College - they have great trainers with years of industry experience and its such a friendly campus. I completed my industry placement at the luxurious Palazzo Versace Gold Coast, which was a great experience and has helped to advance my career as a chef. My next career step is with the Star Sydney.
I Highly recommend Barrington College and the Gold Coast to international students who are seeking a uniquely Australian study and lifestyle experience.”
- CH Bujin -
Mongolia, Commercial Cookery Student
Diploma of Leadership & Management
Dual Diploma of Hospitality & Event Management
SIT50316 & SIT50416
Diploma of Event Management
ONLY CHOOSE THE BEST
Barrington College Australia is held in high regard by our current and previous students and businesses and the community that we work closely with.
From providing the highest quality education to our world-class facilities and training materials we help our students excel.
Our facilities have been purpose-built to provide our students with a relaxed environment to learn and focus on their training. With state of the art kitchens and some of Australia's best trainers to pass on their skills and experience in cooking.
Our Industry Placement Partnerships are with some of the leading names on the Gold Coast, and around the country. They have been chosen to provide the best professional and personal growth opportunities with the ability to focus on specialist skills.
Do you think you've got what it takes to be a Chef? Or do you want to learn a bit more about how Barrington College Australia can help you achieve your dreams?
Book a personalised campus tour and study consultation with one of our student recruitment representatives and learn how we can help you follow your passion and achieve your career goals.
Enter your details below to connect with a Course Advisor at Barrington College.