Diploma of Hospitality Management (Sous Chef) Qualification
Full-time 52 weeks classroom study (20 hours per week).
Not only are our courses the highest quality, with world class trainers, but we also offer some of the most affordable choices in Australia.
If that's not enough, our culinary students gain their practical skills at our modern on-campus commercial kitchen and internship opportunities (unpaid) with our partner Restaurants, Clubs, Hotels and Event Centre.
For more details and a full price breakdown of this course download our Course Programs Brochure!
Have any questions about this course? Get in touch here
Full-time (20 hrs per week)
The SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management is a full-time course 20 hours per week classroom delivery offered at our Barrington College Australia campus in Southport, including cooking practicals at our on-campus commercial kitchen
On enrolment, you will receive a timetable detailing your class times, meal breaks and training room allocations and practical placement information. Units and your educator will also be indicated on the timetable.
Want to go onto further study? Use this course as a pathway into Advanced Diploma studies or you can articulate into a Bachelor of International Business specialising in Tourism & Hospitality at our prestigious partnered Universities and receive credits.
This qualification consists of 28 units to complete
• SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety (elective)
• SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices (core)
• SITHCCC020 Work effectively as a cook (elective)
• SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences (core)
• HLTAID003 Provide first aid (elective)
• SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol (elective)
• SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery (elective)
• SITHCCC006 Prepare appetisers and salads (elective)
• SITHCCC007 Prepare stocks, sauces and soups (elective)
• SITHCCC008 Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes (elective)
• SITHCCC016 Produce pates and terrines (elective)
• SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage (elective)
• SITHCCC012 Prepare poultry dishes (elective)
• SITHCCC013 Prepare seafood dishes (elective)
• SITHCCC014 Prepare meat dishes (elective)
• SITHCCC019 Produce cakes, pastries and breads (elective)
• SITHPAT006 Produce desserts (elective)
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace (core)
• SITXCOM005 Manage conflict (core)
• SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people (core)
• SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations (core)
• SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices (core)
• SITXHRM002 Roster staff (core)
• BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan (core)
• SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements (core)
• SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships (core)
• SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget (core)
• SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets (core)
Barrington College Australia has established direct pathways into some of Australia's leading Universities enabling students entry into selected bachelor degrees with credit transfers, up to 12 months off their course saving time and money!
View University courses and credits available here.
|27 January||25 January|
|02 March||01 March|
|20 April||19 April|
|25 May||24 May|
|13 July||12 July|
|17 August||16 August|
|05 October||04 October|
|09 November||08 November|
Queensland term dates - 2020
|Term 1||27 January - 03 April|
|Term 2||20 April - 26 June|
|Term 3||13 July - 18 September|
|Term 4||05 October - 11 December|
Queensland term dates - 2021
|Term 1||25 Jan - 02 Apr|
|Term 2||19 Apr - 25 Jun|
|Term 3||12 Jul - 17 Sep|
|Term 4||04 Oct - 10 Dec|
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
How to Enrol – a quick guide
- Fill out the Application form for International students (click here for application form).
- Submit the online form or send your completed PDF application form to [email protected].
- We will review your application form, if you are accepted, you will receive a Letter of Offer & "Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement" via email.
- Sign and return via email the Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement offer to Barrington College Australia Admissions Officer together with payment, for the amount specified in the "Letter of Offer". Call us on +617 55625700, if you require any assistance.
- Following the receipt of your 'Course acceptance offer & Written Agreement' you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment Form (CoE) which will allow you to obtain/renew an Australian Student Visa.
Prior to enrolment, prospective students will receive a letter of offer which contains information on fees and charges, code of practice and refund policy. The course guide and student handbook are also available on our website. This contains information on entry requirements, the induction and orientation procedure, payment options and unit details. In order to apply for enrolment students must return the signed letter of offer, this process ensures enrolment. Course content and assessment procedures are explained and vocational outcomes are outlined in the course handbook and covered during the students orientation procedure in the first session.
This nationally recognised qualification is valued by industry. This course, provides a solid foundation for those seeking a career within the industry.
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process of formal recognition for skills and knowledge gained through previous learning such as:
- Life experiences
- Previous formal learning
- Recreational or personal interests
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for part or all of your intended study, based on your previous experiences and learning. For more information regarding RPL and how to apply, please discuss this with your educator.
You may be eligible for a credit transfer if you have previously undertaken training through a Registered Training Organisation. Credit transfer may be granted for one or more units or a full certificate level.
Three major factors need to be considered:
- How current the qualification is
- Mapping to the current training and
- If the training was undertaken with a Registered Training Organisation.
If you think you may be eligible for a credit transfer you will need to provide the following:
- The original Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate for your educators to sight
- A copy of the Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate
- Or a certified copy of your qualification signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP)