Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management Qualification
24-36 months of flexible study
Not only are our courses of the highest quality, with world-class trainers, but we also offer some of the most affordable choices in Australia.
For more details and a full price breakdown of this course download our Domestic Course Brochure!
Have any questions about this course? Get in touch here
Flexible Learning to Suit Your Lifestyle
The Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management can be delivered online or via classroom sessions at our Southport, Gold Coast campus.
• SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety (elective)
• SITHFAB001 Clean and tidy bar areas (elective)
• SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol (elective)
• SITHFAB003 Operate a bar (elective)
• SITTTSL005 Sell tourism product and services (elective)
• SITHACS005 Provide porter services (elective)
• SITHACS008 Provide accommodation reception services (elective)
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
• SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee (elective)
• SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage (elective)
• SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices (elective)
• SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices (elective)
• SITEEVT002 Process and monitor event registrations (
• SITEEVT003 Coordinate on-site event registrations
• SITEEVT005 Plan in-house events or functions (elective)
• SITEEVT008 Manage event staging components (elective)
• SITEEVT010 Manage on-site event operations (elective)
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace (core)
• SITXHRM002 Roster staff (elective)
• SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people (core)
• SITXHRM004 Recruit, select and induct staff (core)
• SITXHRM006 Monitor staff performance (core)
• SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations (core)
• SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices (core)
• BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development (elective)
• BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan (core)
• SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements (core)
• SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships (core)
• SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets (core)
• SITXWHS004 Establish and maintain a work health and safety system (core)
• SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget (core)
• SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service (elective)
• SITXMPR007 Develop and implement marketing strategies (core)
• BSBMGT617 Develop and implement a business plan (core)
• SITXFIN005 Manage physical assets (core)
• BSBFIM601 Manage finances (core)
Southern Cross University Courses
|Bachelor of Arts||8 units|
|Bachelor of Psychological Science||8 units|
|Bachelor of Art and Design||4 units|
|Associate Degree of Business (Tourism Stream)||12 units|
|Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management||12 units|
|Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality Management||12 units|
*8 units is equal to one year of full-time study
Start Your Learning at Your Convenience
A rolling intake allowing you to start the course whenever suits you. Study with flexible learning options and ongoing support.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification
How to Enrol – a quick guide
- Fill out the relevant application form on the enrolment page (you can download a PDF form if you have an older browser or a slow internet connection).
- Submit the online form or send your completed PDF application form to [email protected]
- We will review your application form, if you are accepted, you will receive a "Letter of Offer" via email
- Sign and return via email the written acceptance offer to Barrington College Admissions Officer together with payment, for the amount specified in the "Letter of Offer". Call us on +617 55625700, if you require any assistance.
The following information will be provided to students at the beginning of each course
- A course outline indicating units of work, units of competency, assessment requirements, materials and equipment required
- A student handbook
- RPL process and complaints and appeals processes will be discussed
- Vocational outcomes and opportunities will be discussed/credit transfers will be outlined
- Work placement application form if required
Prior to enrolment, prospective students will receive a letter of offer which contains information on fees and charges, code of practice and refund policy. The course guide and student handbook are also available on our website. This contains information on entry requirements, the induction and orientation procedure, payment options and unit details. In order to apply for enrolment, students must return the signed letter of offer, this process ensures enrolment. Course content and assessment procedures are explained and vocational outcomes are outlined in the course handbook and covered during the student's orientation procedure in the first session.
This nationally recognised qualification is valued by industry. This course, provides a solid foundation for those seeking a career within the industry.
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process of formal recognition for skills and knowledge gained through previous learning such as:
- Life experiences
- Previous formal learning
- Recreational or personal interests
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for part or all of your intended study, based on your previous experiences and learning. For more information regarding RPL and how to apply, please discuss this with your educator.
You may be eligible for a credit transfer if you have previously undertaken training through a Registered Training Organisation. Credit transfer may be granted for one or more units or a full certificate level.
Three major factors need to be considered:
- How current the qualification is
- Mapping to the current training and
- If the training was undertaken with a Registered Training Organisation.
If you think you may be eligible for a credit transfer you will need to provide the following:
- The original Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate for your educators to sight
- A copy of the Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate
- Or a certified copy of your qualification signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP)
“Studying at Barrington College has been rather great. From the first day of induction to the interaction in the classes, right until graduation. The topics would tend to get a bid side-tracked but you are able to share your experiences with the rest of your peers during the on-site training sessions. I personally felt that being in my twenties with work experience has helped me with my courses.
I appreciate all the staff at Barrington College Australia as they always go the extra mile to ensure that all the students are happy throughout the course." .”
- Jade Abels -
Diploma of Event Management & Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management student