SIT30821 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery Qualification
DURATION: 52 weeks of Full-time study (20 hrs per week).
COST: Not only are our courses the highest quality, with world-class trainers, but we also offer some of the most affordable choices in Australia.
For more details and a full price breakdown of this course download our Course Programs Brochure!
Full-time (20 hrs per week)
The SIT30821 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery is a full-time course 20 hours per week classroom delivery offered at our Barrington College Australia campus in Southport, Gold Coast including cooking sessions at our on-campus commercial kitchen.
On enrolment, you will receive a timetable detailing your class times, meal breaks and training room allocations and practical placement information. Units and your educator will also be indicated on the timetable.
Want to go onto further study? Use this course as a pathway into SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery or Diploma and Advanced Diploma studies. You can articulate into a Bachelor of International Business specialising in Tourism & Hospitality at our prestigious partnered Universities.
This qualification consists of 25 units to complete
- SITXWHS05 Participate in safe work practices (core)
- SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety (core)
- SITXFSA006 Participate in safe food handling practices (core)
- SITHKOP009 Clean kitchen premises and equipment (core)
- SITHCCC043 Work effectively as a cook (core)
- SITXCCS014 Provide service to customers (elective)
- SITHCCC023 Use food preparation equipment (core)
- SITHCCC025 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery (core)
- SITHCCC026 Package prepared foodstuffs (elective)
- SITHCCC027 Prepare appetisers and salads (core)
- SITHCCC028 Prepare stocks, sauces and soups (core)
- SITHCCC029 Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes (core)
- SITXFSA007 Transport and store food (elective)
- SITHCCC031 Prepare vegetarian and vegan dishes (core)
- SITHCCC035 Prepare poultry dishes (core)
- SITHCCC036 Prepare meat dishes (core)
- SITHCCC037 Prepare seafood dishes (core)
- SITHCCC038 Produce and serve food for buffets (elective)
- SITHCCC041 Produce cakes, pastries and breads (core)
- SITHCCC042 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements (core)
- SITHPAT016 Produce desserts (core)
- SITHKOP010 Plan and cost basic recipes (core)
- SITXINV006 Receive, store and maintain stock (core)
- SITXWHS006 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks (elective)
- SITXHRM007 Coach others in job skills (core)
Start Your Learning at Your Convenience
A rolling intake allows you to start the course whenever suits you. Study with flexible learning options and ongoing support.
There is no entry requirements for this course for domestic students.
For international students who wish to enrol in this course, please visit this link for entry requirements.
How to Enrol – a quick guide
- Fill out the Application form for International students (click here for application form).
- Submit the online form or send your completed PDF application form to [email protected].
- We will review your application form, if you are accepted, you will receive a Letter of Offer & "Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement" via email.
- Sign and return via email the Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement offer to Barrington College Australia Admissions Officer together with payment, for the amount specified in the "Letter of Offer". Call us on +617 55625700, if you require any assistance.
- Following the receipt of your 'Course acceptance offer & Written Agreement' you will be issed with a Confirmation of Enrolment Form (CoE) which will allow you to obtain/renew an Australian Student Visa.
Prior to enrolment, prospective students will receive a letter of offer which contains information on fees and charges, code of practice and refund policy. The course guide and student handbook are also available on our website. This contains information on entry requirements, the induction and orientation procedure, payment options and unit details. In order to apply for enrolment students must return the signed letter of offer, this process ensures enrolment. Course content and assessment procedures are explained and vocational outcomes are outlined in the course handbook and covered during the students orientation procedure in the first session.
The SIT30821 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
provides you with a strong foundation to
Gain employment or
start your own business
This course provides a good understanding of current international industry standards and will skill you with a wide range of cookery skills. In addition to studying theoretical components, students will be experiencing hands-on practical tasks in a commercial kitchen with qualified chefs.
Completing this qualification will provide a pathway to work as a commercial cook in the hospitality industry.
This nationally recognised qualification is valued by industry. This course, provides a solid foundation for those seeking a career within the industry.
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process of formal recognition for skills and knowledge gained through previous learning such as:
- Life experiences
- Previous formal learning
- Recreational or personal interests
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for part or all of your intended study, based on your previous experiences and learning. For more information regarding RPL and how to apply, please discuss this with your educator.
You may be eligible for a credit transfer if you have previously undertaken training through a Registered Training Organisation. Credit transfer may be granted for one or more units or a full certificate level.
Three major factors need to be considered:
- How current the qualification is
- Mapping to the current training and
- If the training was undertaken with a Registered Training Organisation.
If you think you may be eligible for a credit transfer you will need to provide the following:
- The original Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate for your educators to sight
- A copy of the Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate
- Or a certified copy of your qualification signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP)
Certificate III in Hospitality
Certificate IV in Kitchen Management
Diploma of hospitality
“I thoroughly enjoyed my study experience with Barrington College - they have great trainers with years of industry experience and its such a friendly campus. I completed my industry placement at the luxurious Palazzo Versace Gold Coast, which was a great experience and has helped to advance my career as a chef. My next career step is with the Star Sydney.
I Highly recommend Barrington College and the Gold Coast to international students who are seeking a uniquely Australian study and lifestyle experience.”
- CH Bujin -
Mongolia, Commercial Cookery Student
ONLY CHOOSE THE BEST
Barrington College Australia is held in high regard by our current and previous students and businesses and the community that we work closely with.
From providing the highest quality education to our world-class facilities and training materials we help our students excel.
Our facilities have been purpose-built to provide our students with a relaxed environment to learn and focus on their training. With state of the art kitchens and some of Australia's best trainers to pass on their skills and experience in cooking.
Our Industry Placement Partnerships are with some of the leading names on the Gold Coast, and around the country. They have been chosen to provide the best professional and personal growth opportunities with the ability to focus on specialist skills.
Do you think you've got what it takes to be a Chef? Or do you want to learn a bit more about how Barrington College Australia can help you achieve your dreams?
Book a personalised campus tour and study consultation with one of our student recruitment representatives and learn how we can help you follow your passion and achieve your career goals.
Enter your details below to connect with a Course Advisor at Barrington College.