SIT40521 Certificate IV in Kitchen Management Qualification
DURATION: 76 weeks of full-time classroom study (20 hours per week).
COST: Not only are our courses of the highest quality, with world-class trainers, but we also offer some of the most affordable choices in Australia.
If that's not enough, our culinary students gain their practical skills at our modern on-campus commercial kitchen and internship opportunities (unpaid) with our partner Restaurants, Clubs, Hotels and Event Centre.
For more details and a full-price breakdown of this course download our Course Programs Brochure!
Full-time (20 hrs per week)
The SIT40521 Certificate IV in Kitchen Management is a full-time course 20 hours per week classroom delivery offered at our Barrington College Australia campus in Southport, including cooking practicals at our on-campus commercial kitchen.
On enrolment, you will receive a timetable detailing your class times, meal breaks and training room allocations and practical placement information. Units and your educator will also be indicated on the timetable.
Want to go on to further study? Use this course as a pathway into SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management or Advanced Diploma studies. You can articulate into a Bachelor of International Business specialising in Tourism & Hospitality at our prestigious partnered Universities and receive credits.
This qualification consists of 33 units to complete
- SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety (core)
- SITXFSA006 Participate in safe food handling practices (core)
- SITXFSA008 Develop and implement a food safety program (core)
- SITXWHS007 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices (core)
- SITHCCC043 Work effectively as a cook (core)
- SITHCCC023 Use food preparation equipment (core)
- SITHCCC026 Package prepared foodstuffs (elective)
- SITHCCC027 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery (core)
- SITHCCC028 Prepare appetisers and salads (core)
- SITHCCC029 Prepare stocks, sauces and soups (core)
- SITHCCC030 Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes (core)
- SITXFSA007 Transport and store food (elective)
- SITHCCC031 Prepare vegetarian and vegan dishes (core)
- SITHCCC035 Prepare poultry dishes (core)
- SITHCCC036 Prepare meat dishes (core)
- SITHCCC037 Prepare seafood dishes (core)
- SITHCCC038 Produce and serve food for buffets (elective)
- SITHCCC041 Produce cakes, pastries and breads (core)
- SITHCCC042 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements (core)
- SITHPAT016 Produce desserts (core)
- SITXINV006 Receive, store and maintain stock (core)
- SITHKOP010 Plan and cost recipes (core)
- SITHKOP012 Develop recipes for special dietary requirements (core)
- SITHKOP013 Plan cooking operations (core)
- SITHKOP015 Design and cost menus (core)
- SITXWHS006 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks (elective)
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- SITXCOM010 Manage conflict (core)
- SITXFIN009 Manage finances within a budget (core)
- SITXHRM009 Lead and manage people (core)
- SITXMGT004 Monitor work operations (core)
- SITXHRM007 Coach others in job skills (elective)
- SITXHRM008 Roster staff (core)
- SITXCCS014 Provide service to customers (elective)
Barrington College Australia has established direct pathways into some of Australia's leading Universities enabling students entry into selected bachelor degrees with credit transfers, up to 12 months off their course saving time and money!
View University courses and credits available here.
Start Your Learning at Your Convenience
A rolling intake allows you to start the course whenever suits you. Study with flexible learning options and ongoing support.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification for domestic students.
Please visit this link for entry requirements for international students.
How to Enrol – a quick guide
- Fill out the Application form for International students (click here for application form).
- Submit the online form or send your completed PDF application form to [email protected].
- We will review your application form, if you are accepted, you will receive a Letter of Offer & "Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement" via email.
- Sign and return via email the Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement offer to Barrington College Australia Admissions Officer together with payment, for the amount specified in the "Letter of Offer". Call us on +617 55625700, if you require any assistance.
- Following the receipt of your 'Course acceptance offer & Written Agreement' you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment Form (CoE) which will allow you to obtain/renew an Australian Student Visa.
Prior to enrolment, prospective students will receive a letter of offer which contains information on fees and charges, code of practice and refund policy. The course guide and student handbook are also available on our website. This contains information on entry requirements, the induction and orientation procedure, payment options and unit details. In order to apply for enrolment students must return the signed letter of offer, this process ensures enrolment. Course content and assessment procedures are explained and vocational outcomes are outlined in the course handbook and covered during the students orientation procedure in the first session.
This nationally recognised qualification is valued by industry. This course, provides a solid foundation for those seeking a career within the industry.
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process of formal recognition for skills and knowledge gained through previous learning such as:
- Life experiences
- Previous formal learning
- Recreational or personal interests
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for part or all of your intended study, based on your previous experiences and learning. For more information regarding RPL and how to apply, please discuss this with your educator.
You may be eligible for a credit transfer if you have previously undertaken training through a Registered Training Organisation. Credit transfer may be granted for one or more units or a full certificate level.
Three major factors need to be considered:
- How current the qualification is
- Mapping to the current training and
- If the training was undertaken with a Registered Training Organisation.
If you think you may be eligible for a credit transfer you will need to provide the following:
- The original Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate for your educators to sight
- A copy of the Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate
- Or a certified copy of your qualification signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP)
Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
Certificate III in Hospitality
Diploma of Hospitality management
“I thoroughly enjoyed my study experience with Barrington College - they have great trainers with years of industry experience and its such a friendly campus. I completed my industry placement at the luxurious Palazzo Versace Gold Coast, which was a great experience and has helped to advance my career as a chef. My next career step is with the Star Sydney.
I Highly recommend Barrington College and the Gold Coast to international students who are seeking a uniquely Australian study and lifestyle experience.”
- CH Bujin -
Mongolia, Commercial Cookery Student
Only Choose The best
Barrington College Australia is held in high regard by our current and previous students and businesses and the community that we work closely with.
From providing the highest quality education to our world-class facilities and training materials we help our students excel.
Our facilities have been purpose-built to provide our students with a relaxed environment to learn and focus on their training.
With state-of-the-art kitchens and some of Australia's best trainers to pass on their skills and experience in cooking.
Our Industry Placement Partnerships are with some of the leading names on the Gold Coast, and around the country.
They have been chosen to provide the best professional and personal growth opportunities with the ability to focus on specialist skills.
Ready to take the next step?
Do you think you've got what it takes to be a Chef? Or do you want to learn a bit more about how Barrington College Australia can help you achieve your dreams?
Book a personalised campus tour and study consultation with one of our student recruitment representatives and learn how we can help you follow your passion and achieve your career goals.
Enter your details below to connect with a Course Advisor at Barrington College.