SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management Qualification
52 weeks of Full-time study (20 hrs per week)
Not only are our courses the highest quality, with world class trainers, but we also offer some of the most affordable choices in Australia.
If that's not enough, you can contact us and we'll see if we can help make the course more affordable e.g. Payment plans.
For more details and a full price breakdown of this course download our International Course Brochure!
Have any questions about this course?
Full-Time Course (20 hours per week)
The Dual Diploma of Hospitality is a full-time course with 20 hours per week of classroom delivery offered at our Barrington College Australia campus located in Varsity Lakes, Gold Coast.
Upon enrolment, you will receive a timetable outlining class times, meal breaks, training room allocations, name of your educator, course units and any practical placement information (if applicable).
• SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety (elective)
• SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol (elective)
• SITHFAB003 Operate a bar (elective)
• SITHFAB001 Clean and tidy bar (elective)
• SITHACS008 Provide accommodation reception services (elective)
• SITHAC005 Provide porter services (elective)
• SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences (core)
• SITTTSL006 Sell tourism products and services (elective)
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
• SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage (elective)
• SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee (elective)
• SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices (elective)
• SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices (core)
• SITHIND001 Use hygienic practice for hospitality service (elective)
• SITHACS002 Clean premises and equipment (elective)
• SITHACS002 Provide housekeeping services to guest (elective)
• SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service (elective)
• SITHACS003 Prepare rooms for guests (elective)
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace (core)
• SITXCOM005 Manage conflict (core)
• SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people (core)
• SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations (core)
• SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices (core)
• SITXHRM002 Roster staff (core)
• BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan (core)
• SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements (core)
• SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships (core)
• SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget (core)
• SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets (core)
Southern Cross University Courses
|Bachelor of Arts||8 units (33%)|
|Bachelor of Psychological Science||8 units (33%)|
|Bachelor of Art and Design||4 units (16%)|
|Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management||8 units (33%)|
|Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality Management||8 units (33%)|
*8 units is equal to one year of full-time study
Fast track your career
Barrington College Australia offers monthly intakes allowing you to start your learning at your convenience.
|Enrolment Dates: 2019|
|28th January 2019||4th February 2019||4th March 2019|
|1st April 2019||6th May 2019||3rd June 2019|
|15th July 2019||5th August 2019||2nd September 2019|
|7th October 2019||4th November 2019||2nd December 2019|
Queensland term dates - 2019
|Term 1||Monday 28 January - Friday 5 April|
|Term 2||Monday 22 April - Friday 28 June|
|Term 3||Monday 15 July - Friday 20 September|
|Term 4||Monday 7 October - Friday 13 December|
Queensland term dates - 2020
|Term 1||Monday 27 January - Friday 3 April|
|Term 2||Monday 20 April - Friday 26 June|
|Term 3||Monday 13 July - Friday 18 September|
|Term 4||Monday 5 October - Friday 11 December|
- Overseas students are required to demonstrate English proficiency at an IELTS band score 5.5 or above or Upper Intermediate ELICOS Course Certificate from Australia or similar
- Students must be over 18 years old
- Satisfactorily completed year 12 or equivalent or gained substantial vocational work experience
How to Enrol – a quick guide
- Fill out and submit the Application form for International students (click here for application form).
- We will review your application form, if you are accepted, you will receive a Letter of Offer & "Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement" via email.
- Sign and return via email the Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement to Barrington College Australia Admissions Officer together with payment, for the amount specified in the "Letter of Offer" and any other requested documentation. Call us on +617 55625700, if you require any assistance.
- Following the receipt of these documents, you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment Form (CoE) which will allow you to obtain/renew an Australian Student Visa.
Prior to enrolment, prospective students will receive a Letter of Offer which contains information on fees and charges, code of practice and refund policy. The course guide and student handbook are also available on our website. This contains information on entry requirements, the induction and orientation procedure, payment options and unit details. Course content and assessment procedures are explained and vocational outcomes are outlined in the course handbook and covered during the students orientation procedure in the first session.
This nationally recognised qualification is valued by industry. This course, provides a solid foundation for those seeking a career within the industry.
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process of formal recognition for skills and knowledge gained through previous learning such as:
- Life experiences
- Previous formal learning
- Recreational or personal interests
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for part or all of your intended study, based on your previous experiences and learning. For more information regarding RPL and how to apply, please discuss this with your educator.
You may be eligible for a credit transfer if you have previously undertaken training through a Registered Training Organisation. Credit transfer may be granted for one or more units or a full certificate level.
Three major factors need to be considered:
- How current the qualification is
- Mapping to the current training and
- If the training was undertaken with a Registered Training Organisation.
If you think you may be eligible for a credit transfer you will need to provide the following:
- The original Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate for your educators to sight
- A copy of the Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate
- Or a certified copy of your qualification signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP)