Diploma of Event Management Qualification
DURATION: 12 - 24 months of flexible study.
COST: Not only are our courses the highest quality, with world-class trainers, but we also offer some of the most affordable choices in Australia.
If that's not enough, you can contact us and we'll see if we can help make the course more affordable e.g. Payment plans.
For more details and a full-price breakdown of this course download our Course Programs Brochure!
Flexible Learning to Suit Your Lifestyle
The Diploma of Event Management can be delivered online or via classroom sessions at our Gold Coast campus.
This qualification consists of 20 units to complete
Core Units | 13 Units
- SITEEVT020 Source and use information on the events industry
- SITEEVT026 Manage event production components
- SITEEVT028 Manage on-site event operations
- SITXCCS015 Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXFIN009 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXHRM009 Lead and manage people
- SITXHRM010 Recruit, select and induct staff
- SITXMGT005 Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXMGT006 Manage projects
- SITXMPR011 Plan and implement sales activities
- SITXMPR012 Coordinate marketing activities
- SITXMPR016 Prepare and present proposals
- SITXWHS006 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
Elective Units | 7 Units
- SITEEVT021 Administer event registrations
- SITEEVT023 Plan in-house events
- SITEEVT025 Select event venues and sites
- SITXGLC002 Identify and manage legal risks and comply with law
- SITXCOM010 Manage conflict
- SITXMGT004 Manage work operations
- SITHFAB021 Provide responsible service of alcohol
Barrington College Australia has established direct pathways into some of Australia's leading Universities enabling students entry into selected bachelor degrees with credit transfers, up to 12 months off their course saving time and money!
View University courses and credits available here.
Start Your Learning at Your Convenience
A rolling intake allowing you to start the course whenever suits you. Study with flexible learning options and ongoing support.
- Completion of Year 10 (or equivalent) of secondary school and/ or demonstrated work experience.
- Achievement of a satisfactory result in the College's Language, Literacy and Numeracy Admission Test.
- An interview to gauge an applicant's aptitude and suitability to the intended course may be required at the College's discretion.
How to Enrol – a quick guide
- Fill out the relevant application form on the enrolment page (you can download a PDF form if you have an older browser or a slow internet connection).
- Submit the online form or send your completed PDF application form to [email protected]
- We will review your application form, if you are accepted, you will receive a "Letter of Offer" via email
- Sign and return via email the written acceptance offer to Barrington College Admissions Officer together with payment, for the amount specified in the "Letter of Offer". Call us on +617 55625700, if you require any assistance.
The following information will be provided to students at the beginning of each course
- A course outline indicating units of work, units of competency, assessment requirements, materials and equipment required
- A student handbook
- RPL process and complaints and appeals processes will be discussed
- Vocational outcomes and opportunities will be discussed/credit transfers will be outlined
- Work placement application form if required
Prior to enrolment, prospective students will receive a letter of offer which contains information on fees and charges, code of practice and refund policy. The course guide and student handbook are also available on our website. This contains information on entry requirements, the induction and orientation procedure, payment options and unit details. In order to apply for enrolment students must return the signed letter of offer, this process ensures enrolment. Course content and assessment procedures are explained and vocational outcomes are outlined in the course handbook and covered during the students orientation procedure in the first session.
The SIT50322 Diploma of Event Management
provides you with a strong foundation to
Gain employment, up-skill for
a promotion, or start your own business
This qualification covers a broad range of event-related skills and sound knowledge of event management processes to coordinate event operations.
Events are diverse in nature and provides many pathways to an exciting career, this would include working with exhibition management companies, event venues or start your own event company. Work is undertaken in an office environment where the planning of events takes place, on-site at venues where events are staged or a combination of both.
This nationally recognised qualification is valued by industry. This course, provides a solid foundation for those seeking a career within the industry.
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process of formal recognition for skills and knowledge gained through previous learning such as:
- Life experiences
- Previous formal learning
- Recreational or personal interests
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for part or all of your intended study, based on your previous experiences and learning. For more information regarding RPL and how to apply, please discuss this with your educator.
You may be eligible for a credit transfer if you have previously undertaken training through a Registered Training Organisation. Credit transfer may be granted for one or more units or a full certificate level.
Three major factors need to be considered:
- How current the qualification is
- Mapping to the current training and
- If the training was undertaken with a Registered Training Organisation.
If you think you may be eligible for a credit transfer you will need to provide the following:
- The original Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate for your educators to sight
- A copy of the Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate
- Or a certified copy of your qualification signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP)
Diploma of Leadership & Management BSB50420
Diploma of Human Resource Management BSB50320
Diploma of Hospitality Management
“Studying at Barrington College has been rather great. From the first day of induction to the interaction in the classes, right until graduation. The topics would tend to get a bid side-tracked but you are able to share your experiences with the rest of your peers during the on-site training sessions. I personally felt that being in my twenties with work experience has helped me with my courses.
I appreciate all the staff at Barrington College Australia as they always go the extra mile to ensure that all the students are happy throughout the course."
- Jade Abels -
Diploma of Event Management & Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management student
ONLY CHOOSE THE BEST
Barrington College Australia is held in high regard by our current and previous students and businesses and the community that we work closely with.
From providing the highest quality education to our world-class facilities and training materials we help our students excel.
Our facilities have been purpose-built to provide our students with a relaxed environment to learn and focus on their training. With state-of-the-art kitchens and some of Australia's best trainers to pass on their skills and experience in cooking.
Our Industry Placement Partnerships are with some of the leading names on the Gold Coast, and around the country. They have been chosen to provide the best professional and personal growth opportunities with the ability to focus on specialist skills.
Do you think you've got what it takes to be a Chef? Or do you want to learn a bit more about how Barrington College Australia can help you achieve your dreams?
Book a personalised campus tour and study consultation with one of our student recruitment representatives and learn how we can help you follow your passion and achieve your career goals.
Enter your details below to connect with a Course Advisor at Barrington College.