SIT50316 Diploma of Event Management Qualification
54 weeks of Full-time study (20 hrs per week)
Not only are our courses the highest quality, with world class trainers, but we also offer some of the most affordable choices in Australia.
For more details and a full price breakdown of this course download our International Course Brochure!
Full-Time Course (20 hours per week)
The Diploma of Event Management is a full-time course with 20 hours per week of classroom delivery offered at our Barrington College Australia campus located in Varsity Lakes, Gold Coast.
Upon enrolment, you will receive a timetable outlining class times, meal breaks, training room allocations, name of your educator, course units and any practical placement information (if applicable).
PLANNING AND PROCEDURES
• SITEEVT001 Source and use information on the events industry (core)
• SITEEVT005 Plan in-house events or functions (elective)
• SITEEVT007 Select event venues and sites (elective)
• SITEEVT009 Organise event infrastructure (elective)
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people (core)
• SITXCOM005 Manage conflict (elective)
• SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations (core)
• SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks (core)
BUSINESS AND FINANCE MANAGEMENT
• SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships (core)
• SITXMGT003 Manage projects (core)
• SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget (core)
• SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets (elective)
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
• SITEEVT002 Process and monitor event registrations (elective)
• SITEEVT003 Coordinate on-site event registrations (core)
• SITEEVT008 Manage event staging components (core)
• SITEEVT010 Manage on-site event operations (core)
COMMUNICATION AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
• SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences (core)
• SITEEVT006 Develop conference programs (elective)
• BSBADM502 Manage meetings (elective)
• BSBCMM401 Make a presentation (elective)
Barrington College Australia has established direct pathways into some of Australia's leading Universities enabling students entry into selected bachelor degrees with credit transfers, up to 12 months off their course saving time and money!
View University courses and credits available here.
Fast track your career
Barrington College Australia offers monthly intakes allowing you to start your learning at your convenience.
|Enrolment Dates: 2019|
|28th January 2019||4th February 2019||4th March 2019|
|1st April 2019||6th May 2019||3rd June 2019|
|15th July 2019||5th August 2019||2nd September 2019|
|7th October 2019||4th November 2019||2nd December 2019|
Queensland term dates - 2018
|Term 1||Monday 22 January - Thursday 29 March|
|Term 2||Tuesday 17 April - Friday 29 June|
|Term 3||Monday 16 July - Friday 21 September|
|Term 4||Monday 8 October - Friday 14 December|
Queensland term dates - 2019
|Term 1||Monday 28 January - Friday 5 April|
|Term 2||Monday 22 April - Friday 28 June|
|Term 3||Monday 15 July - Friday 20 September|
|Term 4||Monday 7 October - Friday 13 December|
Queensland term dates - 2020
|Term 1||Monday 27 January - Friday 3 April|
|Term 2||Monday 20 April - Friday 26 June|
|Term 3||Monday 13 July - Friday 18 September|
|Term 4||Monday 5 October - Friday 11 December|
- Overseas students are required to demonstrate English proficiency at an IELTS band score 5.5 or above or Upper Intermediate ELICOS Course Certificate from Australia or similar
- Students must be over 18 years old
- Satisfactorily completed year 12 or equivalent or gained substantial vocational work experience
How to Enrol – a quick guide
- Fill out and submit the Application form for International students (click here for application form).
- We will review your application form, if you are accepted, you will receive a Letter of Offer & "Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement" via email.
- Sign and return via email the Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement to Barrington College Australia Admissions Officer together with payment, for the amount specified in the "Letter of Offer" and any other requested documentation. Call us on +617 55625700, if you require any assistance.
- Following the receipt of these documents, you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment Form (CoE) which will allow you to obtain/renew an Australian Student Visa.
Prior to enrolment, prospective students will receive a Letter of Offer which contains information on fees and charges, code of practice and refund policy. The course guide and student handbook are also available on our website. This contains information on entry requirements, the induction and orientation procedure, payment options and unit details. Course content and assessment procedures are explained and vocational outcomes are outlined in the course handbook and covered during the students orientation procedure in the first session.
This nationally recognised qualification is valued by industry. This course, provides a solid foundation for those seeking a career within the industry.
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process of formal recognition for skills and knowledge gained through previous learning such as:
- Life experiences
- Previous formal learning
- Recreational or personal interests
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for part or all of your intended study, based on your previous experiences and learning. For more information regarding RPL and how to apply, please discuss this with your educator.
You may be eligible for a credit transfer if you have previously undertaken training through a Registered Training Organisation. Credit transfer may be granted for one or more units or a full certificate level.
Three major factors need to be considered:
- How current the qualification is
- Mapping to the current training and
- If the training was undertaken with a Registered Training Organisation.
If you think you may be eligible for a credit transfer you will need to provide the following:
- The original Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate for your educators to sight
- A copy of the Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate
- Or a certified copy of your qualification signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP)