CERTIFICATE III IN COMMERCIAL COOKERY, CERTIFICATE IV IN KITCHEN MANAGEMENT AND DIPLOMA OF HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT (SOUS CHEF) TRIPLE QUALIFICATION
DURATION: 102 weeks of Full-time study (20 hrs per week)
COST: Not only are our courses of the highest quality, with world-class trainers, but we also offer some of the most affordable choices in Australia.
If that's not enough, our culinary students gain their practical skills at our modern on-campus commercial kitchen and internship opportunities (unpaid) with our partner Restaurants, Clubs, Hotels and Event centres.
Have any questions about this course? Get in touch here
Full-time (20 hrs per week)
The triple qualifications are a full-time course with 20 hours per week of classroom delivery offered at our Barrington College Australia campus located in Southport, Gold Coast.
Upon enrolment, you will receive a timetable outlining class times, meal breaks, training room allocations, the name of your educator, course units and any practical placement information (if applicable).
This qualification consists of 40 units to complete.
• SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety (core)
• SITXFSA006 Participate in safe food handling practices (core)
• SITXWHS005 Participate in safe work practices (core)
• SITXWHS006 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks (elective)
• SITHCCC023 Use food preparation equipment (core)
• SITHCCC027 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery (core)
• SITHCCC028 Prepare appetisers and salads (core)
• SITHCCC029 Prepare stocks, sauces and soups (core)
• SITHCCC030 Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes (core)
• SITHKOP009 Clean kitchen premises and equipment (core)
• SITXINV006 Receive, store and maintain stock (core)
• SITHCCC026 Package prepared foodstuffs (elective)
• SITHCCC035 Prepare poultry dishes (core)
• SITHCCC037 Prepare seafood dishes (core)
• SITHCCC036 Prepare meat dishes (core)
• SITHCCC042 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements (core)
• SITHCCC031 Prepare vegetarian and vegan dishes (core)
• SITHCCC041 Produce cakes, pastries and breads (core)
• SITHPAT016 Produce desserts (core)
• SITHCCC038 Produce and serve food for buffets (elective)
• SITHKOP010 Plan and cost basic menus (core)
• SITHKOP012 Develop recipes for special dietary requirements (core)
• SITHKOP013 Plan cooking operations (core)
• SITHKOP015 Design & cost menus (elective)
• SITXWHS007 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices (core)
• SITXFSA007 Transport and store food (elective)
• SITXFSA008 Plan and implement a food safety program (elective)
• SITHCCC043 Work effectively as a cook (core)
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• SITXCOM010 Manage conflict (core)
• SITXFIN009 Manage finances within a budget (core)
• SITXHRM007 Coach others in job skills (core)
• SITXHRM008 Roster staff (elective)
• SITXHRM009 Lead and manage people (core)
• SITXMGT004 Monitor work operations (core)
• SITXCCS015 Enhance customer service experiences (elective)
• SITXCCS016 Develop and manage quality customer service practices (core)
• SITXCCS014 Provide services to customers (elective)
• SITXMGT005 Establish and conduct business relationships (elective)
• SITXFIN010 Prepare and monitor budgets (elective)
• SITXGLC002 Identify and manage legal risks and comply with law (elective)
Barrington College Australia has established direct pathways into some of Australia's leading Universities enabling students entry into selected bachelor degrees with credit transfers, up to 12 months off their course saving time and money!
View University courses and credits available here.
|23 January||22 January|
|27 Feb||26 Feb|
|17 April||15 April|
|22 May||20 May|
|10 July||08 July|
|14 August||12 August|
|02 October||30 September|
|06 November||04 November|
To gain entry to Barrington College Australia, students must be able to meet the academic and English entry requirements for their chosen course.
- Students must be over 18 years old
- Satisfactorily completed year 12 or equivalent or gained substantial vocational work experience
English Language Requirements:
- Students are required to demonstrate English proficiency at an IELTS band score of 5.5 or above or an Upper-Intermediate ELICOS Course Certificate from Australia or similar
Please refer to www.homeaffairs.gov.au to identify the assessment level for your country and to determine the student visa English Language requirements.
How to Enrol – a quick guide
- Fill out and submit the Application form for International students (click here for application form).
- We will review your application form, if you are accepted, you will receive a Letter of Offer & "Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement" via email.
- Sign and return via email the Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement to Barrington College Australia Admissions Officer together with payment, for the amount specified in the "Letter of Offer" and any other requested documentation. Call us on +617 55625700, if you require any assistance.
- Following the receipt of these documents, you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment Form (CoE) which will allow you to obtain/renew an Australian Student Visa.
Prior to enrolment, prospective students will receive a Letter of Offer which contains information on fees and charges, code of practice and refund policy. The course guide and student handbook are also available on our website. This contains information on entry requirements, the induction and orientation procedure, payment options and unit details. Course content and assessment procedures are explained and vocational outcomes are outlined in the course handbook and covered during the students orientation procedure in the first session.
This nationally recognised qualification is valued by industry. This course, provides a solid foundation for those seeking a career within the industry.
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process of formal recognition for skills and knowledge gained through previous learning such as:
- Life experiences
- Previous formal learning
- Recreational or personal interests
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for part or all of your intended study, based on your previous experiences and learning. For more information regarding RPL and how to apply, please discuss this with your educator.
You may be eligible for a credit transfer if you have previously undertaken training through a Registered Training Organisation. Credit transfer may be granted for one or more units or a full certificate level.
Three major factors need to be considered:
- How current the qualification is
- Mapping to the current training and
- If the training was undertaken with a Registered Training Organisation.
If you think you may be eligible for a credit transfer you will need to provide the following:
- The original Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate for your educators to sight
- A copy of the Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate
- Or a certified copy of your qualification signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP)
Diploma of Hospitality ManagementSIT50416
Diploma of Event ManagementSIT50316
Start your journey here!
Contact us today for an easy-going chat with an industry education specialist, who can help you get on the right track for you. It might prove to be the best decision you've ever made!