SIT50422 Diploma of Hospitality Management (Sous Chef) Qualification
52 weeks of Full-time study (20 hrs per week)
Not only are our courses the highest quality, with world-class trainers, but we also offer some of the most affordable choices in Australia.
If that's not enough, our culinary students gain their practical skills within a 5-star kitchen at the Gold Coast Event Centre (Turf Club) and internship opportunities (unpaid) with our partner Restaurants, Clubs, Hotels and Event Centre.
For more details and a full-price breakdown of this course download our International Course Brochure!
Have any questions about this course? Get in touch here
Full-time (20 hrs per week)
The SIT50422 Diploma of Hospitality Management is a full-time course with 20 hours per week of classroom delivery offered at our Barrington College Australia campus located in Southport, Gold Coast.
Upon enrolment, you will receive a timetable outlining class times, meal breaks, training room allocations, the name of your educator, course units and any practical placement information (if applicable).
This qualification consists of 28 units to complete
Core Units | 11 Units
SITXCCS015 Enhance customer service experiences
SITXCCS016 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
SITXCOM010 Manage conflict
SITXFIN009 Manage finances within a budget
SITXFIN010 Prepare and monitor budgets
SITXGLC002 Identify and manage legal risks and comply with law
SITXHRM008 Roster staff
SITXHRM009 Lead and manage people
SITXMGT004 Monitor work operations
SITXMGT005 Establish and conduct business relationships
SITXWHS007 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
Elective Units | 17 Units
SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety
SITHCCC043* Work effectively as a cook
SITHCCC023* Use food preparation equipment
SITHCCC027* Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
SITHCCC028* Prepare appetisers and salads
SITHCCC029* Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
SITHCCC030* Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes
SITHCCC031* Prepare vegetarian and vegan dishes
SITHCCC035* Prepare poultry dishes
SITHCCC036* Prepare meat dishes
SITHCCC037* Prepare seafood dishes
SITHCCC038* Produce and serve food for buffets
SITHCCC041* Produce cakes, pastries and breads
SITHCCC042* Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
SITHPAT016* Produce desserts
SITXWHS006 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
SITXHRM007 Coach others in job skills
Barrington College Australia has established direct pathways into some of Australia's leading Universities enabling students entry into selected bachelor degrees with credit transfers, up to 12 months off their course saving time and money!
View University courses and credits available here.
|23 January||22 January|
|27 Feb||26 Feb|
|17 April||15 April|
|22 May||20 May|
|10 July||08 July|
|14 August||12 August|
|02 October||30 September|
|06 November||04 November|
To gain entry to Barrington College Australia, students must be able to meet the academic and English entry requirements for their chosen course.
- Students must be over 18 years old
- Satisfactorily completed year 12 or equivalent or gained substantial vocational work experience
English Language Requirements:
- Students are required to demonstrate English proficiency at an IELTS band score of 5.5 or above or an Upper-Intermediate ELICOS Course Certificate from Australia or similar
Please refer to www.homeaffairs.gov.au to identify the assessment level for your country and to determine the student visa English Language requirements.
How to Enrol – a quick guide
- Fill out and submit the Application form for International students (click here for application form).
- We will review your application form, if you are accepted, you will receive a Letter of Offer & "Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement" via email.
- Sign and return via email the Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement to Barrington College Australia Admissions Officer together with payment, for the amount specified in the "Letter of Offer" and any other requested documentation. Call us on +617 55625700, if you require any assistance.
- Following the receipt of these documents, you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment Form (CoE) which will allow you to obtain/renew an Australian Student Visa.
Prior to enrolment, prospective students will receive a Letter of Offer which contains information on fees and charges, code of practice and refund policy. The course guide and student handbook are also available on our website. This contains information on entry requirements, the induction and orientation procedure, payment options and unit details. Course content and assessment procedures are explained and vocational outcomes are outlined in the course handbook and covered during the students orientation procedure in the first session.
This nationally recognised qualification is valued by industry. This course, provides a solid foundation for those seeking a career within the industry.
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process of formal recognition for skills and knowledge gained through previous learning such as:
- Life experiences
- Previous formal learning
- Recreational or personal interests
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for part or all of your intended study, based on your previous experiences and learning. For more information regarding RPL and how to apply, please discuss this with your educator.
You may be eligible for a credit transfer if you have previously undertaken training through a Registered Training Organisation. Credit transfer may be granted for one or more units or a full certificate level.
Three major factors need to be considered:
- How current the qualification is
- Mapping to the current training and
- If the training was undertaken with a Registered Training Organisation.
If you think you may be eligible for a credit transfer you will need to provide the following:
- The original Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate for your educators to sight
- A copy of the Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate
- Or a certified copy of your qualification signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP)
Diploma of Event Management
(CRICOS Code: 113657H)
Diploma of Hospitality Management
(CRICOS Code: 113656J)
Dual Diploma of Hospitality & Event Management
SIT50422 & SIT50322
(CRICOS Code: 113656J & 113657H)
Start your journey here!
Contact us today for an easy-going chat with an industry education specialist, who can help you get on the right track for you. It might prove to be the best decision you've ever made!