SIT50416 & SIT50316 Dual Diploma of Hospitality and Event Management Qualification
78 weeks of Full time-study (20 hrs per week)
Not only are our courses the highest quality, with world class trainers, but we also offer some of the most affordable choices in Australia.
For more details and a full price breakdown of this course download our International Course Brochure!
Have any questions about this course? Get in touch here
Full-Time Course (20 hours per week)
The Dual Diploma of Hospitality is a full-time course with 20 hours per week of classroom delivery offered at our Barrington College Australia campus located in Varsity Lakes, Gold Coast.
Upon enrolment, you will receive a timetable outlining class times, meal breaks, training room allocations, name of your educator, course units and any practical placement information (if applicable).
This qualification consists of 39 units to complete.
• SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety (elective)
• SITHFAB001 Clean and tidy bar areas (elective)
• SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol (elective)
• SITHFAB003 Operate a bar (elective)
• SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers (elective)
• SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences (core)
• SITTTSL005 Sell tourism products and services (elective)
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
• SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee (elective)
• SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage (elective)
• SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices (elective)
• SITHIND001 Use hygienic practice for hospitality service (elective)
• SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service (elective)
• SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices (core)
• SITHACS001 Clean premises and equipment (elective)
• SITHACS002 Provide housekeeping services to guests (elective)
• SITHACS003 Prepare rooms for guests (elective)
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace (core)
• SITXCOM005 Manage conflict (core)
• SITXHRM002 Roster staff (core)
• SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people (core)
• SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations (core)
• SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices (core)
• SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships (core)
• SITXMGT003 Manage projects (core)
• SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements (core)
• SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget (core)
• SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets (core)
• BSBHRM506 Manage recruitment selection and induction processes (elective)
• SITEEVT001 Source and use information on the event industry (core)
• SITEEVT002 Process and monitor event registrations (elective)
• SITEEVT005 Plan in-house events or functions (elective)
• SITTTSL006 Prepare quotations (elective)
• SITTTSL008 Book supplier products and services (elective)
• SITEEVT003 Coordinate on-site event registrations (core)
• SITEEVT008 Manage event staging components (core)
• SITEEVT010 Manage on-site event operations (core)
• BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan (core)
• SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, access and control safety risks (core)
Barrington College Australia has established direct pathways into some of Australia's leading Universities enabling students entry into selected bachelor degrees with credit transfers, up to 12 months off their course saving time and money!
View University courses and credits available here.
|24 January||23 January|
|28 Feb||27 Feb|
|18 April||17 April|
|23 May||22 May|
|11 July||10 July|
|15 August||14 August|
|03 October||02 October|
|07 November||06 November|
- Overseas students are required to demonstrate English proficiency at an IELTS band score 5.5 or above or Upper Intermediate ELICOS Course Certificate from Australia or similar
- Students must be over 18 years old
- Satisfactorily completed year 12 or equivalent or gained substantial vocational work experience
How to Enrol – a quick guide
- Fill out and submit the Application form for International students (click here for application form).
- We will review your application form, if you are accepted, you will receive a Letter of Offer & "Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement" via email.
- Sign and return via email the Course Acceptance Offer and Written Agreement to Barrington College Australia Admissions Officer together with payment, for the amount specified in the "Letter of Offer" and any other requested documentation. Call us on +617 55625700, if you require any assistance.
- Following the receipt of these documents, you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment Form (CoE) which will allow you to obtain/renew an Australian Student Visa.
Prior to enrolment, prospective students will receive a Letter of Offer which contains information on fees and charges, code of practice and refund policy. The course guide and student handbook are also available on our website. This contains information on entry requirements, the induction and orientation procedure, payment options and unit details. Course content and assessment procedures are explained and vocational outcomes are outlined in the course handbook and covered during the students orientation procedure in the first session.
This nationally recognised qualification is valued by industry. This course, provides a solid foundation for those seeking a career within the industry.
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process of formal recognition for skills and knowledge gained through previous learning such as:
- Life experiences
- Previous formal learning
- Recreational or personal interests
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for part or all of your intended study, based on your previous experiences and learning. For more information regarding RPL and how to apply, please discuss this with your educator.
You may be eligible for a credit transfer if you have previously undertaken training through a Registered Training Organisation. Credit transfer may be granted for one or more units or a full certificate level.
Three major factors need to be considered:
- How current the qualification is
- Mapping to the current training and
- If the training was undertaken with a Registered Training Organisation.
If you think you may be eligible for a credit transfer you will need to provide the following:
- The original Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate for your educators to sight
- A copy of the Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate
- Or a certified copy of your qualification signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP)